Monday, October 02, 2006

Esmay Yet Again

I'd hadn't planned on visiting or writing about Dean Esmay again but I see today from Jihad Watch that he's off on another ill-informed rant.

This time it's about the topic of abrogation, where verses in the Koran revealed chronologically later supercede those "revealed" earlier. He demands, "please cite for me where the Koran says that a verse recorded later necessarily supercedes a verse recorded later. I don't think you can."

Of course, Robert Spencer does just that. And even I knew of that verse. Is Esmay deliberately lying or does he just not know what he's writing about? I can't tell.

Anyway, that's not the worst of it-

Which is why, by the way, everyone at Hot Air and Michellemalkin.com are poseurs (and possible traitors in the War On Terror) until they find a Muslim co-blogger.

Is this some new twist on the chickenhawk argument- you can't comment on Islam unless you're a Muslim or close friends with one? Absolutely bizarre.
He has officially lost the plot.

No comments: