Saturday, February 18, 2006

Police State Louisiana

This is unbelievable- and if you have a blog I'd recommend putting a post of your own up over this story.

From Liberty Zone-

"Mark Edward Marchiafava did not break the law in Gonzales, La. on January 28, 2006. But nonetheless, he was handcuffed, arrested, and his firearm, which he was legally carrying in the open on his side that day, was confiscated and not returned."

That's
bad but the attitude of the police is staggering-

Another "officer," Billiot, transported me across the Mississippi river to the jail in Donaldsonville. On the ride over, I tried to explain to HIM what the law states and the rights of any citizen.

He said, and I quote, "I don't care what the laws or the Supreme Court say. WE are NOT going to have people running around, wearing guns, with women and children everywhere."


I guess we'll be hearing from the ACLU over this one, eh?

No comments: