Sunday, December 09, 2007

Omaha 3

Joe's Crabby Shack is covering the Omaha shooting. He has a first hand account of the shooting in the so-called gun-free zone.

I am simply saying if I were allowed to carry a gun, I would have and I would have used it. That is a hard fact. I am not trying to be a hero and say that I would have tried to save lives. I am saying that I was trying to save my life, and if my family was there, their lives as well. There is nothing "hero" about what I am saying, it's about survival.

This guy had a clear side-on view of the shooter and there's no telling how many lives he could have saved had the mall not infringed his Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Instead the gun-free zone simply provided Hawkins with a pool of victims who were disarmed and unable to defend themselves.

Make sure to head over and read the whole account.

Note too that Joe travelled to the mall to take photos of their signs which prohibit the carrying of guns; they've all been removed.

No comments: