Monday, September 27, 2004

Kerry's Gun

I blogged a few days ago about John Kerry’s Communist Chinese assault rifle- well, I’m not the only one whose interest was piqued and Michelle Malkin has a follow up story on the subject here. It seems that John Kerry not only says things that he doesn’t mean because of his speech writers, but he also says things which aren’t true, because his staff fill in his questionnaires for him- complete with Vietnam references;

"My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam," said Mr. Kerry, a veteran, according to the October issue. "I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

This sounds so screwy to me that I’m having trouble believing that Kerry isn’t campaigning for the Very Silly Party and not the Democrats (or maybe they’re one and the same?). Are we to believe that the Kerry campaign staffers just make this sh*t up?

It seems more likely to me that Kerry tried to get in another ‘I was in Vietnam’ moment, with his trademark “exaggeration” and he got caught out on the lie. Maybe he got the assault rifle in Cambodia? Maybe he got it when he was given his CIA hat? Now his campaign is claiming that he doesn’t own an assault rifle, just a shotgun and a bolt action rifle which has never been fired (is that statement for the anti-gun types?).

Wow. Did Kerry do a lot of drugs when he got back from Nam? Because it certainly looks like he’s detached from reality right now.

No comments: