Monday, July 02, 2007

Rambo Replica

Okay, okay, it's a cheap knife but it's a heck of a lot more cost effective than the United Cutlery Rambo-replicas considering that it uses the same quality steel. Anyway, it's obviously a display piece and not a field knife- if I want one of those I'll make a bee-line for one of the Martin hollow handle knives.

While the sheath is pretty nasty looking the blade itself is actually quite pleasing. The "sawback" is cosmetic only, the edge is barely there, I dread to think what exactly is in the "survival kit" in the cord-wrapped handle but this is a knife that's all about looks- and it does look the part. Sure it would fall to pieces if I ever had to use it as a survival knife but it won't be venturing too far from my desk, let alone out into the woods.

No comments: