Tuesday, November 30, 2004

National Treasure trivia

The movie National Treasure hasn’t opened here yet but while I was reading about it I noticed that the name of the female lead character, played Diane Kruger, is Abigail Chase. Abby Chase- as in Danger Girl. Haven’t read it? Go here and buy yourself a copy of this fantastic comic right now. Featuring a group of female super-spies (led by a chap who looks suspiciously like Sean Connery) fighting Nazis, it’s got all the action and pretty girls you’d expect from a James Bond movie, with a great big heap of humour thrown into the mix. It’s a rip-roaring read and I’d thoroughly recommend it.

I checked on IMDB and there’s no mention of the Danger Girl reference but I’m sure it’s not just a coincidence. Abby’s an Indiana Jones-type character and this movie seems to be a bit of a sub-rate Jones adventure. One I’ll have to watch now, just to see if she is anything like Abby.

No comments: