Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Let The Appeals Begin

Zacarias Moussaoui is now claiming that he lied under oath and wants to withdraw his guilty plea. He's basing ths on the statements made by the jurors, some of whom apparently bought that "poor upbringing" BS.

"I had thought I would be sentenced to death based on the emotions and anger toward me for the deaths on Sept. 11," he explained in an affidavit. "But after reviewing the jury verdict and reading how the jurors set aside their emotions and disgust for me and focused on the law and the evidence ... I now see that it is possible that I can receive a fair trial even with Americans as jurors."

Although the judge presiding has rejected the claim, Moussaoui is now claiming that he didn't trust his lawyers and that he didn't understand the legal system, etc, etc, etc.

I wonder how many millions this is going to cost the American taxpayer over the next few years?

1 comment:

Carlos DelFuego said...

Cost millions, yes, but it is very funny to hear a jihadist discussing the fair trial he could get in the American Justice system. Posterboy for all who want free healthcare, three squares, a prayer rug and a free Quran...