Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hollywood and Guns

The excellent Gun Watch blog has a post about the hypocrisy of Hollywood- of how many are happy gun owners in private, but anti-gun in public. One of the most telling quotes comes from Lethal Weapon director Richard Donner who also happens to have a concealed carry permit, he

"was reluctant to talk [to Fade In magazine]. "I am anything but a gun enthusiast," he said in a terse statement. "The only reason I would ever own a gun is for the protection of my home, my environment or my family under the circumstances in which I am forced to live."

Just the same as normal, everyday people then? Many people would like the right to defend themselves and their families too, the exact same right that anti-gun types want to deny them. Out of a population of 9.8 million people in Los Angeles County, only 500 are licenced to carry.

This David Codrea post should also be read.

"In Los Angeles, only the police, politicians and the politically-connected get to carry concealed guns without fear of having their lives destroyed if caught."

No comments: