Thursday, October 06, 2005

Movie News

Looks like John Carter of Mars finally has a director- after Roberto Rodriguez and Kerry Conran (Sky Captain) were both named for the spot- Jon Favreau. He's probably best known for Swingers or one of Monica's boyfriend's in Friends. He's just finished directing a sci-fi movie called Zathura. Can't say I'm overwhelmed by the news. Perhaps he's a massive fan of ERB's work and will make a great movie. Perhaps not.

Lena Headey has been named to co-star in 300 as the wife of Leonidas. Again, not news that I'm terribly excited about. I saw her in The Cave recently and she's a pretty competent actress. I don't recall the role being important at all so it most likely won't make much difference to the movie but she seems to be more than capable. I see that she's also been in a McGyver film- another plus for her.

Finally, totty du jour Jessica Alba has been talking about her future career moves. Seems like Sin city 2 will begin after the Rodriguez/Tarantino double-bill flick finishes. She also informs us that Frank Miller is now being courted big-time by Hollywood- and he has mentioned writing a story for specifically for Alba/Nancy. I watched Sin City again last night- a great but brutal film. Though not in the same league as Saw (which I watched for the first time a few nights ago). Now there is a film which made even me flinch. Very, very good- tense, gripping and gruesome.

No comments: