Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Director vs. Critics

Uwe Boll might not be the best director around but he sure can throw a punch-

Tired of the criticism of his films, controversial German film director Uwe Boll took on four of his critics in a Vancouver boxing ring, and ended each bout with a knockout.

Here's my favourite part of the story-

Jeff Sneider of Los Angeles, a journalist with Ain't It Cool News, went down in a technical knockout in the first round after his trainer threw in the towel.

He said Boll, 41, had told him it was just a joke, a public relations stunt.

"Then he started beating the crap out of my head," he said. "I think he's a jerk. This might be PR but I don't want to keep getting punched in the head."

Boll's films aren't terrible- but they are frustratingly on the verge of being the sorts of films that I really enjoy. Which in itself is a guilty pleasure for me- films that don't quite reach their potential are the sorts of projects I like to waste time on rewriting.

So, for his sterling perfomance in the ring trouncing film critics of all people, I will surely make an effort in future to go see his films.

No comments: