Monday, July 19, 2004

Back up

Speaking of damaged computers, don't forget to regularly back up your data. DVD-RW are so cheap now that there's no excuse really. I used to get really annoyed trying to back up all the junk in My Documents to CDs, but I got a cheap Asus DVD-RW from Overclockers UK (and blank media is just as inexpensive) recently.

Not only can I now fit all my ebooks on one disc (yay!), but creating back-up copies of DVDs is just as easy. This used to be a fairly complicated procedure but not any more; just use 1 Click DVD. It really couldn't get any easier (just don't forget to also download DVD43 too). The DVD-copy software is about $50 but it's well worth it. I totally recommend it. The only glitch I've found, if you could call it that, is that I need to shut down and restart my old, slow PC (you don't want to know) after doing one copy and before doing another. Even with cheap blanks (Datawrite from Overclockers) I haven't made any coasters since I started using 1Click.

Good stuff.

No comments: