Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ironside

Something a little different today- I'm a big fan of TV detective shows, really love them: Poirot, Diagnosis Murder, Midsomer Murders, Monk, Sherlock Holmes, Magnum PI, even the likes of the very sedate Rosemary and Thyme. At the moment Ironside is showing again and for me it's the first time I've really paid attention to the show- and I'm loving it. Raymond Burr is, of course, excellent in the main role but it's also fascinating because of the period in which it was set. When I think of San Francisco I generally try to block out the far-left craziness of today and think of the Dirty Harry movies- but Ironside is starting to eclipse that. It's worth watching even if you ignore the detective elements of the show and just concentrate on the late sixties setting; the hippy-type characters they meet, the slang, the costumes. Times really have changed.

Anyway, here's the opening sequence, complete with terrific theme tune.

No comments: