Monday, April 04, 2005

Comics in your email

I'm not one for printed newspapers and one thing that I used to miss about this was not getting to see daily comic strips. Well there is an alternative in this new electronic age- sign up and get them emailed to you. For free.

One that I'm very glad I get is Calvin and Hobbes- yeah, it's no longer written and I have some of the strips in the book collections but it's such a great strip that you can read it again and again. I don't think there's ever been a strip that was so funny, heart-warming, touching and insightful as Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes. Calvin is just the coolest kid (apart from my own of course) and Hobbes' disdain for human foibles is spot on. Just wonderful.

Another option is to sign up with Comics.com. Every day you can get two strips emailed to you for free- more if you sign up for an account. My choice is for Tarzan and Liberty Meadows, authored by the excellent Frank Cho. The strip doesn't always give him the opportunity to display his artistic skills but every now and then you can see some wonderful artwork.

No comments: