Thursday, April 21, 2005

Lights Out

I just finished reading the available parts of Lights Out by Halffast (chapters 1-69) and it's a cracking read. The story details the attempts by a small community to survive after an EMP takes out the USA. I've got to say, it's a real page turner and it's pretty action packed. The characters are very well delineated and it's a sharp paced read, switching between episodes of combat, the struggles of the hero Mark and the efforts his community makes to ensure their continued survival. In fact, I can't recommend it enough. A great piece of survival fiction.

The only downside is that it's a work in progress and by the time you get to chapter 69, you'll be screaming out for more- it's starting to get really exciting!

If you read it and want to comment, head along to THR and check out the thread dedicated to the work. All I can say is, great job Halffast- and write quick, I want to read some more!

No comments: