Monday, April 10, 2006

McDonalds Diet

Morgan Spurlock's "personal responsibility surrenders" documentary Super Size Me debunked. I mention this because British TV station Channel 4 screened the movie the other day and is also broadcasting his 30 Days series.

Five 30-day dieters who have lost weight by eating nothing but McDonalds.

Leslie Sayer- "after eating only McDonald’s food for 30 days, I lost 17 pounds and my blood cholesterol went down."

Jodie Patrick- "As a result, after 30 days I actually lost six pounds! My body fat fell from 11.1% to 10% and my triglyceride levels dropped, too."

Aaron Grobengeiser- "at the end of the 30-day trial he lost weight and lowered his cholesterol, despite the goal of maintaining his current weight."

Chazz Weaver- "Unlike Mr. Spurlock, I dropped eight pounds of body fat and improved my good cholesterol and triglycerides."

Soso Whaley- "Despite the fact that I was eating exclusively at McDonald’s for 30 days, I not only lost 10 pounds but lowered my cholesterol by 40 points."

No comments: