Friday, April 14, 2006

On Your Birthday

I saw this on Kim du Toit's and Cowboy Blob's websites so I thought I'd have a go too.

Go to Wikipedia and look up your birth day (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your blog, including the year.

3 Neat Facts

1215 - King John of England puts his seal to the Magna Carta.

1667 - The first human blood transfusion is administered by Dr. Jean-Baptiste Denys. He transfuses 12 fluid ounces (350 ml) of sheep blood to a 15-year-old boy. The boy later dies and Baptiste is accused of murder.

1992 - The United States Supreme Court rules in US vs. Alvarez-Machain that it is permissible for the USA to abduct suspects in foreign countries and bring them to the USA for trial, without approval from those other countries. No reciprocal right is recognized for the reverse to happen in the USA.

2 Births

1843 - Edvard Grieg, Norwegian composer (d. 1907)

1946 - Noddy Holder, English singer (Slade)

1 Death

1996 - Ella Fitzgerald, American singer (b. 1917)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I didn't see this on Friday.

Jay.Mac said...

No need to apologise. All my fault- i thought I'd added the actual date of my birthday into the post. D'oh!

It's not until June.

Thanks anyway Kevin.