Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sharky's Machine

Looks like Hollywood is still out of fresh ideas - next on the re-make list is the Burt Reynolds movie Sharky's Machine, based on the book by William Diehl. It's been a good few years since I read or watched this but I have fond memories of both. Henry Silva's performance as a hit-man was superb. I can't imagine that anyone will be able to top him.

I don't see why this needs to be re-made at all. Wouldn't Hollywood be better off re-making films that had a good concept but which didn't work because of bad acting/casting/directing/script work? I can think of a whole bunch of films which had a good idea at the core but which were terribly executed. Why not remake some of them?

Other bad news is that they're planning on re-making both The Dirty Dozen and The Wild Bunch. I can't think of two more iconic films which in no way need to be turned into re-makes.

No comments: