Friday, August 26, 2005

Kurilla Update

Kim du Toit seems to be as disgusted with the performance of the 5.56mm "poodle-shooter" in Iraq as I am- so he has decided to purchase a Kimber Desert Warrior .45ACP for LTC Kurilla. Why not head on over to Kim's site and kick in a few bucks to help buy this brave soldier a gift.

While you're at it, why not donate a few dollars to Soldiers' Angels- go and read the post by Some Soldier's Mom and you'll realise that the Angels do a wonderful job in helping not only the wounded servicemen and women, but also their families back home-

I speak with Patti Bader (a true Saint on Earth!) from Soldiers Angels who gave me more information and comfort in the span of a 10 minute telephone conversation than I have ever experienced. She has mobilized (along with Blackfive) the Soldiers Angels worldwide network and tells me things that will happen, things to do, what the Army will do and what we (they) will do to help... that a Soldiers Angel will be in Germany to meet our son, comfort him, bring him necessities and a message of love from his mom... and another Angel will be waiting if he comes to Walter Reed Army Medical... they'll do whatever they have to in order to bring comfort and aid to our soldier -- to ALL our soldiers -- their motto is "May No Soldier Go Unloved." I tell you honestly that I could not have made it through last night without the assurance and calm of the Angels. (Go to their site right now and GIVE! GIVE! GIVE! Money, time, services, miles, volunteer...)

Not much else I can add to that except- head on over there and donate what you can!

1 comment:

FrauBudgie said...

I wish Michael Yon could get the Pulitzer prize for blogging ...