Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven Facts

I'm not sure if I'll even bother to go watch Kingdom of Heaven- the reviews are pretty lousy so far and CAIR seems to think that it's great. That's one recommendation that instantly put me off. Medieval history is certainly not one of my strong points but if this movie is suggesting that it was Christian crusaders who spoiled centuries of Muslim peace and harmony then I think I'll skip it. I'm fairly sure that's not how it happened. If you're interested in a bit of background on the events in question then check out this article over at The American Thinker.

BTW, Orlando Bloom's not exactly my idea of a leading man- he was great as Legolas and acceptable in Pirates of the Caribbean but he's not my idea of a sword-wielding leading man. In Troy he was appropriately wimpy and I'm afraid that image of him is going to stay with me for some time. Maybe if he were able to grow a proper beard things would be different.

UPDATE 12/05/2005- Because of the number of Google searches for this article I've added another post to say more about the actual facts of the movie Kingdom of Heaven. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: