Wednesday, May 18, 2005

World Trade Centre

Donald Trump is not a fan of the Freedom Tower, the proposed replacement of the World Trade Centre. Instead he believes that the WTC should be rebuilt- bigger and stronger than before, a kind of retaliation I suppose. I've got to say that I'm a bit conflicted on the matter- on the one hand I'd love to see Trump get his replacement Twin Towers- but on the other, I don't think that they ever can be replaced. Every time I'm watching a show or movie and they show a glimpse of New York skyline and the towers are still standing, it brings back what happened on 9/11.

Perhaps that's a good thing- that every time the Twin Towers are seen is a reminder that they were destroyed, along with all those lives. In the same way, seeing Freedom Tower there would also be a constant reminder. And a lot of people seem to need reminding about that awful day.

No comments: