Monday, May 16, 2005

Top 100 War Films

Channel 4 in the UK broadcast a list of "your top 100 war films". It's not a bad selection, most every name you'd expect to see is there. And why not? I couldn't think of a hundred war films even if I had a week to do it in. If nothing else, it's certainly a pretty good point of reference. Quite a few there I've yet to see.

I didn't get to see much of the show about the list but I did catch some good stuff from R. Lee Ermey on filming Full Metal Jacket. I'm glad he wasn't my DI! Kubrick's wife (I believe) spoke in a short excerpt and said that Kubrik believed that the training the Marines went through was "dehumanising- they were no longer human" (paraphrased). Even the Channel 4 blurb about the movie contains that line- "Dehumanised and turned into killing machines". Is that what the Left really thinks about the troops? Perhaps this is why they 'support' them so much.

No comments: