Thursday, March 06, 2008

Hillary's Deep Faith

You know, it's hard to be a anti-Christian moonbat these days. Not only have they had to put up with noted Christianist George Bush working to undermine the Constitution and establish a fundamentalist theocracy in the US, but then their hoped-for saviour, Barack Obama, turned out to be that which they hate the most- a devout Christian.

Well, the hits keep coming...

Hillary Clinton: I believe in the father, son, and Holy Spirit, and I have felt the presence of the Holy Spirit on many occasions in my years on this earth.

Reporter: Can I ask you theologically, do you believe that the resurrection of Jesus actually happened, that it actually historically did happen?

Senator Clinton: Yes, I do.

Reporter: And your attitude toward the Bible about how literally people should take it...

Senator Clinton: I think the whole Bible is real. The whole Bible gives you a glimpse of God and God’s desire for a personal relationship, but we can’t possibly understand every way God is communicating with us. I’ve always felt that people who try to shoehorn in their cultural and social understandings of the time into the Bible might be actually missing the larger point that we’re supposed to take from the Bible.

I think if you turn down the volume on your TV right now you can actually hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth and, sometimes, the faint popping of heads exploding as they realise that all the candidates in the running are self-proclaimed Christians.

Heh.

No comments: